Thursday, November 18, 2010

I Have Released My Inner Assertive Person

Badly Drawn Unicorn is badly drawn.


So, do y'all remember That Boy I Like?
Haha, who am I kidding? I talk about him nearly every post, of course you know who he is.

Anyway, he's actually a pansy-faced jerk. So I told him off. AND IT FELT SO GOOD.

Let me rewind.

So,  The Boy I Like seemed to like me too.


This was just one of many decidedly flirty exchanges.
But then, pretty much out of nowhere, he stopped talking to me.



This went on for a week or two before I found out why. Turns out that That Boy I Like decided that he didn't like me anymore, so he told Our Mutual Friend to pass the message on to me.
Now, Our Mutual Friend is a nice guy, but he's kind of (read: a huge) gossip. And because he wasn't sure that he should tell me, he talked to a crapton of people about it. This is where Good Friend Nick comes in.

He overheard this conversation and told me, because he is a good friend. This is when I started to get angry. Because really, not only is that a jerk move, it's also extremely infantile. I was in a rage.

So, I decided that I would tell him off. This is how it felt:



This is what actually happened:


I went up to him in the hallway and told him that next time he has something to say to me, he shouldn't send Our Mutual Friend as a messenger. His eyes got really big and he backed away, denying the whole thing. I think I scared him.
AND IT FELT GREAT.
I felt powerful, more powerful than I've ever felt. As a person who generally avoids confrontations, I never knew what a rush it was to speak up for yourself.
And now I want to do it again. If I'm talking to somebody and they say something that annoys me, I call them out on it. I feed off of the confrontations. I bask in them. I think it's a dominance thing.
But, in any case, I have decided that boys are stupid. They all have cooties. I'm just going to keep being awesome, and if ex-That Boy I Like ever comes around, too bad for him. He can just wallow in the knowledge of knowing that he missed the train on this one, thankyouverymuch.

Also, I got a 32 on my ACT. Take THAT, stupid immature high school boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment