Friday, April 16, 2010

I am so stupid.

Here is a story. 

Once upon a time, there was a girl.

Also that girl is me.  Anyway, one day in class, the teacher was all, "New seating chart!" and we were all, "Blargh!" Because if there is one thing we liked about that class it was where we sat.  But teachers don't seem to understand that, so she went ahead and reorganized us. And this is how I became acqauinted with him.



He and I were placed right next to each other.  So instead of doing our work like good little chitlins, we got to talking. 


We talked about all manner of things, ranging from the zombie apocalypse to dreams to shaving. We talked a lot about shaving.  We switched back and forth from Facebook to real life, and after a while, my brain realized something. That something was, "HOLY CRAP THIS BOY IS AWESOME! LIKE LIKE LIKELIKELIKELIKE SUPERLIKE!!!1!11!ONE!!1!"


But I am not a generally expressive person, nor am I a risk taker.  So I wasn't going to say anything; nothing at all. I was going to keep talking to him and daydreaming a little and probably also do a little pining on the side. And then I would get over it. But no, apparently this time that was not a valid answer.  This is what happened:

I interrupted him to tell him that I liked him.  This is the worst part: right before I uttered that monstrosity of a statement, I thought to myself, "Annie, is this a GOOD idea?"  And my brain was all, "No, it is not."  And so I wasn't going to say anything at all. But then I did.  Becuase I am supremely stupid.  Natural selection should have smote me down right then and there, but alas the world is neither just nor fair.
I just sat there and wondered how he took that for the rest of the block.  And now I am afraid that there is going to be a Wall of Awkward between us.  And Walls of Awkward are bad for friendships.

I could just ask him about it, but I am not going to, and here is why:
  1. He might have thought that that was a comment about his character
  2. He might be ignoring that comment for my sake
  3. It might create the Wall of Awkward
  4. Also I might get rejected. I don't like rejection because it makes my stomach feel like urk and like a bunch of little unicorns are running around in there and their horns are jabbing my belly and it is very distressing.
The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment