Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I hate pencils.

Today I had a bad coordination day.  I have those a lot. 

We were having a bus evacuation, and I don't know if you know how high the back door of a bus is, but it's flipping high.  The gap is taller than your average five year old. I tripped getting off of the bus and went sprawling through the air before miraculously landing on my feet. If I had any skizzles I would illustrate that point for you, but I think that you would be better off with your imagination.

Point two is much more painful and possibly scarring. You see, I am a disorganized mess. I really have no regards for my own presonal safety when it comes to my living standards.  It has caused me some grief.  My backpack is sort of an extension of that, and that is the scene of the incident. I am too lazy to put my pencils in the proper place, so I just sort of toss them into my bag on the assumption that I will find them later. This morning, I reached into my backpack to find such a pencil.  I found it. In my finger. Because it stabbed me.

I jerked my finger out, and upon further examination it seemed that some of the graphite had broken off of the pencil. In my finger. So, I did the logical thing and walked over to where one of my best friends was sitting. She was all, 'ouch'. And I was all, 'No duh'.  Then one of my guy friends offered to remove said graphite. It didn't work, so I went to the nurse. She used an itty bitty needle to dig around my poor, poor finger. When that didn't work, she said, "Well, at least it isn't toxic." She sent me off with a bandaid and told me that it would probably work it's way out of my finger eventually. It was so overwhelmingly relieving to hear that I may or may not have a piece of pencil embedded in my finger skin for the rest of my life.

Here's the best part, though. When I got back to class, a friend was all, 'Did they get it out?' And so I was like, '...no'. And then my teacher felt it fit to inform the whole class of this minor dilemma. Ugh.  Everybody was staring at me. I hate that.

Anyways, I am now thinking about boycotting rouge pencils. The only problem is that I am a nerdgirl and I kind of love pencils. But I also hate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment